TEXT FOR HR QUIZ PAGE
- I can specify which documents our company will accept for employment verification?
- Only citizens of the US hired after November 6, 1986 need to complete the I-9 form?
- If one or both of the documents presented have a future expiration date, I can refuse those so as minimize risk having an expired document in the future?
- I am only hiring the worker for 2 days. So completing Sections 1&2 are not necessary?
- I can only use the I-9 form dated April 2009 through August 2009 for all new hires and to reverify any employee with expiring employment authorization?
- The biggest difference between revised form I-9 and the old ones is that all documents presented during verification process must be unexpired?
- A Social Security card constitutes a document on List A; therefore no other documents are required?
- A Drivers License is an acceptable document to establish identity?
If you answered “not really sure” or “Hmmmmm” or say “Let me check”, this would be a time to contact Frozen Rainbows (frozenrainbows.com) for an I-9 audit of your company records. This audit could be coupled with a ½ hour “brown bag” workshop lunch with your managers, focusing on these and other questions, and providing correct answers.
Remember, compliance to Federal Regulations is one of the most important HR function facing your company. Frozen Rainbows can help you get it right, and avoid fines and litigation.